Friday, December 08, 2006

The Seven Wonders

I recently spent 10 months on maternity leave...and my brain melted. Well, not quite but while a newborn occupies a lot of time they don't require too much brainpower.
To keep my brain ticking over and, in the hope that I'd hit the Big Time (a.k.a. JK Rowling) I decided I'd write a children's story. Inspiration struck, when I was at home on the sofa feeding Amber. Her old toy trunk is inscribed with the initials C.S - I don't know what they stand for...and I started to wonder.
For some reason Central Station popped into my head. But what would Central Station be and where...
I made it the central point of space and time from where Alex was granted Seven Wonders. These wonders saw her travel to the heart of the amazon rainforest, the depths of London's sewer system and the dark side of the moon....

No comments: