Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Not counting any chickens...


Yay! 10K. Finally, made it back up to 10,000-words after abandoning my previous draft. I'm not counting any chickens but it seems to be flowing far better than the previous version. I still have plenty to write about in this section of the book (should account for 1/4 of the book) and I'm hoping it'll get to 20,000-words. There's still plenty of the lead characters' backgrounds to fill in. I'm a bit stuck at the moment and need to start the next part before I turn in for the night. I've written over 3K words, today so on target for my end of March deadline. Have twitchy fingers and am dying to go back and do a rough edit but I'm scared that I'll end up dumping what I've written this time. Better to keep going frwards, I think. Perhaps, I'll allow myself and edit when I finish this quarter.

No comments: